Main functions as the Chief Technology Officer for the startup site Pigeonmobi.com:Pigeonsocial.com:PigeonSEO.com:PigeonPredict.com
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
(including reading your peers’ blogs!).
• Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
• Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
• Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
• Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
• Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
• Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
• Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
• Identify opportunities and risks for the business.
• Manage research and development (R&D).
• Monitor technology and social trends that could impact the company.
• Participate in management decisions about corporate governance.
• Communicate the company's technology strategy to partners, management, investors and employees.
• Maintain current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.